HSBC's commitment to its Forest Policy and 'due diligence' challenged
(Most recent correspondence listed first)
1. 12 October 2007 - FPP letter to HSBC in light of HSBC's failure to respond to earlier requests.
2. 31 May 2007 - FPP and FERN letter to HSBC again questioning the company's procedures and intentions.
3. 24 May 2007 - HSBC reply to FPP explaining its intention to stay involved with Samling as it considers the company to be making progress to improve its operations.
4. 22 May 2007 - FPP letter to HSBC following meeting with HSBC in Kuala Lumpur to explore the implications of HSBC's procedures for logging and oil palm expansion in SE Asia.
5. 27 April 2007 - FPP and FERN letter following previous day's meeting with HSBC in London to review their decision to support the listing of Samling Global Ltd and how this fits with HSBC's forest policy.
6. 2 March 2007 - HSBC reply to FPP explaining its policies.
7. 22 February 2007 - FPP and NGOs wrote to HSBC questioning their support for Samling Global Ltd despite documented evidence of Samling Global's abuse of sustainable forest management principles and violations of fundamental human rights.